The first Europeans to settle at Manoora, in about 1841, were the sheep pastoralists, Edward and William Peter, of Scottish origin. Having established their head station near present Manoora, for a few years, the brothers (or cousins) held extensive occupation licences reaching toward the Kapunda and Burra districts.
Manoora is named for another early station in the district-owned by A W J Grant. The name is believed to be derived from a native name for a spring or water. The State Heritage listed Town Hall stand adjacent to public rest rooms and park.
1. Town Entrance Sign
2. Manoora Hall
3. Manoora Catholic Church