Clare Valley Festival of the Lamb
- Wed, September 22, 2021 - All day event
- Thu, September 23, 2021 - All day event
- Fri, September 24, 2021 - All day event
- Sat, September 25, 2021 - All day event
- Sun, September 26, 2021 - All day event
OverviewThis multi-day festival is an annual spring equinox festival which combines with the first buds of the vines and the premier time for new-season lamb that is lean, tender and ideal for a wide range of recipes.
A focus is on the lamb and to be as ethical as possible in its preparation by having the restaurant, venue or hotel take a full lamb from a local farmer which the chef will then utilise in consultation with their butcher and the farmer.
The festival brings the ability to hold mid-week events and to encourage the spotlight on local produce and to support a collaborative approach for the hotels and restaurants in the region.
The Clare Valley Festival of the Lamb adds value to food, wine and beverages of the region by enhancing the paddock to plate / provenance culture and developing increased experiences which has now seen local lamb producers featuring to a great extent on local menus.
The organisers support the linkages between the sheep / lamb industry and the tourism sector and this year has at this stage 6 lamb producers at venues in Mintaro, Auburn, Watervale, Polish Hill River, Clare and Blyth.
- Welcomes and assists people who have challenges with learning, communication, understanding and behaviour. (includes people with autism, intellectual disability, Down syndrome, acquired brain injury (ABI), dyslexia and dementia)