Crepe Making Workshops - Auburn Frenchfest
- Sat, September 11, 2021 : 10:00 am - 10:45 am
- Sat, September 11, 2021 : 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
- Sat, September 11, 2021 : 12:45 pm - 1:30 pm
- Sat, September 11, 2021 : 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
- Sun, September 12, 2021 : 10:00 am - 10:45 am
- Sun, September 12, 2021 : 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
- Sun, September 12, 2021 : 12:30 pm - 1:15 pm
- Sun, September 12, 2021 : 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
OverviewCome and learn how to make French Crêpes!
One of the highlights of the Auburn Frenchfest will be a series of crêpe-making workshops run by Stéphane, a passionate former French Chef, and occasionally referred to as the Renoir of Crêpes, taking place in the Festival Hub: Auburn's gorgeous Centenary Park!
Stéphane will run 45-minute workshops for a maximum of 8 future crêpe-making masters, each participant using their own crêpe-making machine for maximum learning time and … maximum fun!
The idea behind the workshops is for you to have a bit of fun while learning to "turn" some crêpes on the "galetiere" (the crêpe machine). You will be learning a little about the origin of crêpes in Brittany while listening to music from this area still inhabited by descendants of ancient Brythonic Celtic tribes. You will be putting together and eating "La Belle Auburn", ze crêpe of ze Fest created by Stéphane. He hopes that by the end of this workshop you will have gained enough confidence to go forth and venture in the big wild universe of crêpes, letting your imagination run free to create original recipes while turning crêpes like a true Bretonne grandma.—
Stéphane has published a booklet of crêpe recipes just for the Frenchfest to help you on your journey, available for sale exclusively at the workshops.
Et… Voilà !